Megan Farrell's breadth and depth of knowledge in higher education and K12 compliance fields is grounded in her service as Title IX Coordinator at Palo Alto Unified School District and Notre Dame of Maryland University. In addition, she has developed and delivered Title IX compliance training (in person and online) addressing the role of Title IX Coordinator on campus, conducting Title IX investigations, and responding to reports of Title IX claims. She has also audited Title IX practices, policies and practices at universities, colleges, and K12 districts.
Megan’s background includes serving as in-house counsel for a state university and faculty member at both private and state institutions. Aside from these in-house positions, Ms. Farrell has provided risk and litigation management counseling to institutions while at United Educators Risk Retention Group and as Higher Education Local Practice Leader at Marsh, Inc.
Masters of Business Administration, Cum Laude
University of Maryland, College Park, MD
Delaware Law School, Wilmington, DE
Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and Economics
Loyola University, Baltimore, MD
Certificates and Memberships:
- Training certifications for Title IX Coordinator, Title IX Investigator, Title IX Decision-Maker, Title IX Advisor, and Title IX Informal Resolution
- Diversity and Inclusion Certification, Cornell University
- Restorative Justice Certification, Center for Restorative Justice, University of San Diego
- Mediation Certification, California State Bar Association and New Jersey State Court
- Professional Coaching Certification, Coach Training Alliance
- Member of National Association of College and University Attorneys (NACUA)
- Admitted to practice law in Maryland, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania
Karen Ersted – Director of Operations
Karen has 15 years of experience in K12 working for Palo Alto Unified School District (PAUSD). She started out as a substitute teacher and then joined the Human Resources department. As Credentials Analyst, Karen was responsible for the hiring process of certificated staff and interfacing with county and state credentialing agencies to ensure appropriate credentials and assignments for 900 teachers and administrators. Her last position at PAUSD was managing the daily operations of the Title IX and Civil Rights Office and working with Megan Farrell. Karen has certifications in Title IX investigations.
Prior to pivoting to education, Karen had a 15-year banking career with Union Bank as a commercial and asset-based lender, credit administrator, credit trainer and consultant. In addition to her work experience in banking and education, Karen served as PTA President, PTA Treasurer and Site Council President. Karen received her MBA in Finance from UCLA Anderson School of Management and her BA in Politics from Brandeis University.