Megan’s breadth and depth of knowledge in higher education and K12 compliance fields is grounded in her service as Title IX Coordinator at Palo Alto Unified School District and Notre Dame of Maryland University. In addition, she has developed and delivered Title IX compliance training (in person and online) addressing the role of Title IX Coordinator on campus, conducting Title IX investigations, and responding to reports of Title IX claims. She has also audited Title IX practices, policies and practices at universities, colleges, and K12 districts.
Megan’s background includes serving as in-house counsel for a state university and faculty member at both private and state institutions. Aside from these in-house positions, Ms. Farrell has provided risk and litigation management counseling to institutions while at United Educators Risk Retention Group and as Higher Education Local Practice Leader at Marsh, Inc.
Masters of Business Administration, Cum Laude
University of Maryland, College Park, MD
Delaware Law School, Wilmington, DE
Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and Economics
Loyola University, Baltimore, MD
Certificates and Memberships:
- Training certifications for Title IX Coordinator, Title IX Investigator, Title IX Decision-Maker, Title IX Advisor, and Title IX Informal Resolution
- Diversity and Inclusion Certification, Cornell University
- Restorative Justice Certification, Center for Restorative Justice, University of San Diego
- Mediation Certification, California State Bar Association and New Jersey State Court
- Professional Coaching Certification, Coach Training Alliance
- Member of National Association of College and University Attorneys (NACUA)
- Admitted to practice law in Maryland, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania